Sunday, May 06, 2007

Tag ... I'm it!

I don't normally do these type of things on my blog, but Rel from Relz Reviewz tagged me. It seemed like a fun idea ... Here goes.

1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.

2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.

3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.

4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.


8 random facts/habits about me ...


1. I am a licensed amateur radio operator and received my license back before they got lenient on the requirements, so I know Morse Code. Unfortunately, I haven’t had a rig up for several years.

2. I have visited all but six US states. I still need to visit Washington, Oregon, South Dakota, New Hampshire, Alaska, and Hawaii.

3. With the money I received from the second short story I ever sold, I bought a fly fishing rod and taught myself how to fly fish. A great hobby that unfortunately I don’t get to indulge in that often. I once totally freaked myself out on the Truckee River in California. I didn't realize it would get dark so fast. I was standing in the middle of the river, water to my chest. It was almost completely dark. All of the sudden it hit me---one wrong step, and I could go under. I have to get to shore. Now. Needless to say, I bought a life jacket shortly thereafter. And wore it every fishing trip since.

4. I enjoy oil painting and pencil drawing, but alas, don’t have the time to pursue these hobbies much either. I also enjoy collecting art.

5. My family and I have 4 dogs (a lab, retriever/border collie mix, Whippet mix, and a Chihuahua mix) and 2 cats. We rescued two of the dogs through Petfinder.com.

6. I have been involved in the used & rare bookselling world for over ten years, and in fact use some of that experience in my first novel Thicker Than Blood. A first edition For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway plays an important part in the story.

7. My dream car is a 70's pickup truck. Probably a Dodge Ram.

8. I was homeschooled from 1st to 12th grade (one of the biggest blessings in my life).

I tag Darcie, Wordvixen, Heather Hunt, Katie Hart, Jenny B. Jones, Brandilyn Collins, Gina Holmes, and Tricia Goyer.

6 comments:

hrh said...

Hi C.J.

Thanks for the tag! I think? The trouble is coming up with 8 fun facts!! And finding 8 people to tag! But I'll work on it ...

Speaking of trucks, my first 2 vehicles were trucks - love 'em - but alas, I have a long commute now and had to give up my gas-guzzling truck in '05 for a Subaru ...

Christina Tarabochia said...

I just did a Technorati search and found you'd linked to me! :-) I'll be adding you to my blog roll now.

Anonymous said...

I love how we all start out by saying, "I usually don't do this on my blog ..."

I've also heard it said that our blog should not be about us.

To that I say phoo-hoo-gey. It's what makes our blogs fun, and all our own!

BTW, I once sat in a clear cut watching the sky fade to black, watching the stars brighten against the completely black, deathly BLACK sky. At that moment when I decided to head back to my car, I realized I had brought no light with me -- no flashlight, no matches, no nutin. That was a trip. I couldn't even see my hand in front of my face.

Goofy girls, ain't we.

: )

hrh said...

Hi C.J.:

I forgot to say I'm jealous of all your pooches. I lost mine almost 6 years ago now and haven't had the guts to get another one. But I'm off to check out Petfinder. Thanks for the tip. :)

Rel said...

Thanks CJ :) Lots of fun reading about you!! Thought I had already posted a comment here but I must have been daydreaming - LOL!

I love that you fly fish! Being the tomboy my Dad took me fishing with him. One of my favourite memories is walking up a river catching trout with him. He is still around BTW, I think I just made it sound like he wasn't. He took my tomboy, Hayley (6) fishing for the first time a few weeks ago. She loved everything except the waiting - hehehe

Rel said...

Yes, CJ - I have seen the Cross and the Switchblade although it was a long time ago! Donna Fleisher put up his pic just for me on her blog - hehehe!!!

Loved the mum's advice column up at Titletrakk. Funny and wise all at the same time!