Friday, December 14, 2007

Karen Ball - A Woman of Many Hats!

I've always been a little bit in awe of Karen Ball. After all, the woman developed the fiction lines at Tyndale, Multnomah, Zondervan, and now is hard at work on B&H's. She's edited some of my favorite authors. She's a novelist in her own right. And she's a huge dog lover like I am. :)

Her latest novel What Lies Within has just released. Book #3 in the Family Honor series, this is the final installment of the trilogy, the first of which was Shattered Justice, the second Kaleidescope Eyes.

Karen's writing reminds me of a cross between Brandilyn Collins and Donna Fleisher, which is interesting because she has edited one and acquired the other (thanks for setting me straight, Donna! :). The suspense is definitely a strong point to the series, but the family drama between three siblings makes sure character development isn't thrown aside.

Read a terrific interview with Karen here by my friend Rel Mollet.
Read an interview I conducted with Karen several months ago here.

Visit Karen's newly designed website here.
And her blog here.

7 comments:

Karen B. said...

Hey, C.J. Thanks for your comments. So you think my writing is a cross between Brandilyn and Donna? Well, considering that they're both wonderful women and gifted writers, that makes me feel pretty good.

Hope you're doing great this Christmas season!

Blessings--

Karen

Rel said...

Thanks for that, CJ - you are a sweetheart!

Anonymous said...

I think Karen also handles romance in her novels with honesty, pop, and sizzle. Breaking Point is a classic--all couples should read it. Looking forward to this new one.

C.J. Darlington said...

Same to you, Karen! Rel -- always a pleasure to link to you, your interviews are fantastic! Nicole--thanks so much for your comment and for continuing to read the blog even when I don't post as often as I'd like. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey lady! I'm just a wee bit late to this show ... ; )

Just to set the record straight, not that it needs straightening, but this may be an interesting lil' tidbit of info: Karen didn't actually edit my books. She did acquire them (and me) at Mount Hermon, but once it came time for the editing, she handed me off to Diane Noble (also a prolific novelist) who helped me with content and line editing. Karen did read the first two books and gave me a few comments on them, but I never had the opportunity to work closely with her.

One of these days I'm looking forward to reading all three of her books -- they really sound good.

later gator!
donna

C.J. Darlington said...

Hey, Donna! Great to see you here. I knew I shouldn't have typed that if I wasn't 100% sure! Thanks for the correction. I've adjusted the post accordingly. :)

Anonymous said...

Aww, you didn't have to change it. Goofy girl. ; )