Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Evolution Of A Novel

When I finished my second novel I knew I immediately wanted to start writing my third. Problem was, I didn't know what to write.

This series of blog posts will take you along on my journey to write that third book. Maybe it'll demystify some of the writer stereotypes, maybe it'll reinforce them! And who knows? You just might have the chance to influence the outcome of the novel or name a character!

If someone were to ask me, "How do you write a novel?" I don't know what I'd answer. I'm still discovering how it all works. But I hope this series will help me understand my process better, too.

Before we start, let me ask you: What would you like to see covered in this series?

We won't have posts every day, but as something new crops up, I'll blog about it. I already have some interesting tidbits to pass along. Stay tuned! The Evolution of a Novel begins...

2 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

Up to now my trouble has always been trying to decide which idea to run with and invest close to year's worth of time on.

Now I'm thinking I should run with whatever project seems easier to sell.

Rel said...

Hardly answers your question in any helpful manner, but pretty much anything you want to share about it!