Sunday, April 13, 2008

Is that a classic in your inbox?


I was reading my latest issue of The Writer magazine, and I came across a blurb on the site DailyLit.com. Basically, the site serializes various novels into daily e-mails. The cool part is that many of them are free! Some of the more current offerings do cost a small fee, but they have to make their money somehow, right? :)

Here's a little snippet from their "About" page:

We created DailyLit because we spent hours each day on email but could not find the time to read a book. Now the books come to us by email. Problem solved.

Check it out here. Maybe tomorrow Dickens or Tolstoy or Austen will be waiting in your Inbox.

3 comments:

WordVixen said...

*snarf* What will they think of next?

This could solve my reading list problems, though. :)

C.J. Darlington said...

Hey, Wordvixen! I actually had you in mind when I posted this. What a great idea, huh?

Anonymous said...

I saw that in the Writer but forgot about it until this post, but I went and signed up. Maybe I can read some of those "classics" I never got around to! Thanks!