Sunday, August 24, 2008

Amy Wallace (Advice for Novelists, Part 67)

Here's another inspiring entry in our Advice for Novelists series. I've asked authors, agents, editors and publicists their response to the question:

"If you could say one thing to aspiring novelists, what would you say?"

Amy shares today...

Remember that you are a dearly loved child of the King and no “big break” or anything else will ever alter that truth.

Beyond that, I’ll echo my writing mentor, Mary Griffith. She told me years ago to “bleed into your work” and leave it in the Lord’s hands. And I’ve found her advice spot on. Give everything you are (past, present, hopes for the future, questions, fears, failures, struggles and triumphs) to the Lord and allow Him to use it as you write. If you do that, He’ll breathe life, redemption and hope into your soul and through your stories.

--Amy Wallace, author of Ransomed Dreams & Healing Promises. Visit her online at her website.

1 comment:

Rel said...

It's funny, even though I am not a writer, how much I enjoy all these words of wisdom!

Great job, CJ and of course, Amy!